- UCSB students received Unlimited MTD bus use between Goleta and Carpinteria as a part of their registration fees
- In-Vehicle Parking Meters that provide a predetermined amount of complimentary parking
Additional Inducements to Faculty and Staff
- Discounts on bus passes, vanpool subscriptions, and carpool permits
- Pre-tax payroll deduction available for vanpool and bus
- Enrollment in the “Emergency Ride Home Program”
- Carshare by Zipcar free of Membership Fees and Annual Fees
- Access to regional carpool services (more info here)
- Chance to win a $50 UCSB Bookstore gift certificate for referring a friend
Eligible members of the Transportation Alternatives Program qualify for the Emergency Ride Home Program if they hold a valid California driver’s license. In the event of unexpected personal or family illness, or unexpected supervisor-approved overtime, a UC vehicle may be made available for a maximum of six times per year for a round-trip between UCSB and home. NOTE: Emergency Ride Home vehicles must be returned to UCSB Transportation Services on the next business day or the responsible party will incur vehicle rental fees.
Benefits at a Glance
|UCSB Status||Complimentary Parking||Unlimited
Employed 45% +
1 Available to students who live more than two miles from campus and commute to campus by bike, bus, vanpool or carpool.
2 $52 Unlimited 30-Day MTD Bus Pass discounted to $31 per month through payroll deduction for Career Staff or Faculty Members on the UCSB payroll at least 30% time and at least 4 months into the future.
3 Available to students who pay quarterly registration fees.
4 Available to students who ride the Vanpool or long distance buses.