A Vendor permit allows qualified persons to make curbside stops while making delivery or service calls on campus.
Quick access to topics below:
- Am I eligible?
- Where can I park?
- Areas to avoid
- How do I apply?
- Is renewal automatic?
- What are my permit options and how much do they cost?
- Permit returns and refunds
You are eligible for a Vendor permit if you or your company provides goods, or repair or maintenance services to the UCSB campus. Students, employees of the University, and vendors occupying outdoor stalls at the University Center are not eligible. You may be asked to provide proof of your eligibility.
Legitimate places for curbside stops are:
- service/restricted (white-curbed) spaces
- green-curbed spaces (time zones)
- 20-minute (yellow-curbed) loading zones
You may also park in any of the lots or structures on campus, with restrictions noted below. 8 Parking is specifically allocated to vendor parking during business hours.
A Vendor permit does not allow you to park in spaces that are reserved, red-zoned or otherwise prohibited, or in spaces/lots marked for faculty, Coastal Access, or “H” permit holders. The permit does not allow you to obstruct a walkway. If you park at a meter, it must be paid.
Visit Parking Services to apply for a Vendor permit.
Annual permits expire on June 30. Thirty-day permits expire at the end of thirty consecutive days. A 30-day permit purchased on October 1, for example, expires on October 30 and is invalid on October 31.
- An annual Vendor permit costs $900.00 per year. Unless otherwise posted, the permit allows you to park all day in a valid location on campus.
- A 30-day Vendor permit costs $75.00. Unless otherwise posted, the permit allows you to park all day in a valid location on campus.
- A 30-minute monthly Vendor permit costs $10.00 per month. Unless otherwise posted, the permit allows you to park in a valid location for up to thirty minutes.
- Short-term parking may be purchased by the hour (up to three hours) or the day. See the Short Term Rates table for prices. The short-term Vendor permit is sold exclusively at Parking Services.
Payment by cash, credit card, or check is accepted at the Parking Services office.
Annual permits that are not being used must be returned to Parking Services to qualify for a refund. See here for more information about our permit return policy.