Students who reside in UCSB main campus residence halls (Anacapa, Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz, San Miguel, San Nicolas, San Rafael, and Mazanita Village) have four permit options:
- H2 is valid in 2 Parking. 2 Parking is within the quadrangle formed by Santa Rosa Hall, Anacapa Hall, Santa Cruz Hall and De La Guerra Dining Commons.
- H22 is valid the upper levels of 22 Parking, with a restriction as noted below.
- H23 is valid in spaces within 23 Parking allocated to the H23 permit.
- H38 is valid in unmarked spaces within 38 Parking. It is NOT valid in spaces designated for other permit types.
View and compare parking locations on the campus Interactive Map.
All H permits are only valid in their assigned lots Monday-Friday 7:30AM to 5:00PM.
H permits are not interchangeable; a “H22” permit, for example, does not entitle you to park in a lot or structure designated for “H2” or “H23” permits.
Quick access to topics below:
- When & where else may I park?
- Am I eligible?
- How do I apply?
- Is renewal automatic?
- What are my price and payment options?
From 7:30AM to 5PM Monday–Friday, the permit is valid for parking at the site designated by your permit.
H22 permit-holders, permit is valid only on the 4th & 5th floors of the 22 Parking Structure, please observe that the permit is not valid during these hours in Coastal Access spaces or any space on levels 1 through 3.
Parking is allowed at any time in time-restricted parking spaces, but only for the time designated. Such spaces are typically marked for 20 or 40-minute parking.
After 5PM weekdays and all day on the weekends, the permit gives you more options. As with the Night & Weekend permit, you are allowed to park in lots and spaces allocated to visitors, students, faculty, and staff. Weekday restrictions no longer apply.
The H2, H22, 22IVA, H23 & H38 permits are NEVER valid lots 1, 11, 24 or the UCSB apartments (Santa Ynez, San Clemente, El Dorado/Westwinds, Westgate, West Campus, Storke Family Housing, or Sierra Madre).
Lot 2 is for valid H2 parking permits ONLY, no other parking permit is ever valid in Lot 2.
All referenced permits listed above are invalid at all times in these locations:
- lots, areas, and spaces marked “At All Times” or where other restrictions apply
- UCSB Off Campus student housing apartments & resident halls lots (El Dorado/Westwinds, San Clemente, San Joaquin, Santa Ynez, Sierra Madre, Westgate, Storke Family Housing and West Campus).
- Our office will verify your permit eligibility and email you (typically within 48 hours) with an approval or request for additional information.
- Once approved, return to your account online to complete your purchase. You will receive a confirmation email receipt and have the ability to print a temporary permit.
- Contact Parking Services at (805) 893-2346 or via email at email@example.com if you do not receive a confirmation.
- A long-term permit will be mailed to the address listed on your application. The temporary permit must be displayed on your vehicle's dashboard until your decal arrives.
This table compares the cost and the number of the H permits available when purchased for a nine-month academic school year (Fall, Winter and Spring quarters).
|Type||Permit Parking Location||Spaces||Cost|
|H2||Lot 2 Parking, within residence hall quadrangle (Sold Out for 2017-18)||100||$675|
|H22||Structure 22 Parking Levels 4 & 5 only (Sold Out for 2017-18)||275||$450|
|H23||Lot 23 Parking in designated H23 spaces, north of San Rafael Hall (Sold Out for 2017-18)||29||$675|
|H38||Lot 38 Parking in unmarked spaces. Permit is NOT valid in spaces designated for other permit types within this lot.||430||$450|
Please be advised that the quantity of each permit type is limited. Permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
A permit purchased during the school year is prorated and the appropriate fee charged for the remainder of the year.
Permit returns and refunds
Annual permits may be returned to Parking Services to qualify for a refund. See here for more information about our permit return policy.