banner UCSB Home PageTPS Home Page
Pay or appeal a citation HERE Pay or appeal a citation HERE

Construction on Campus
The campus will be impacted during the summer by a number of parking and roadway enhancement projects.

Mesa Road construction from Los Carneros Road to Stadium Road. (See announcement on right.)

Ocean Road repairs from Mesa Road to the Bus Loop.

Parking maintenance in 6, 16 and 30 Parking, the Noble Hall loading area and the Santa Cruz short-term parking area.

UCEN Road repair and 9 Parking expansion.

10 Parking Structure speed bump installation.

Solar panel installation on the top level of 22 Parking Structure (Associated Students supported).

Faculty Club renovation/Guest House addition project, 23 Parking.

Permit dispenser installation in 3, 6, 27 and 38 Parking and the Info Kiosk.

San Joaquin Residence Hall construction, parking in 38 Parking.

More information about the projects can be found here.
Hwy. 101 Improvements
Carpool Lane Improvement Project, from Mobil Pier Undercrossing to Casitas Pass Road. Project info here.

South Coast 101 High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Project. HOV lanes are planned for Highway 101 from Carpinteria to Santa Barbara. Project info here.

Los Carneros Bridge Project. Los Carneros Road southbound on & off ramps are closed while the bridge crossing the Union Pacific Railroad is replaced. Project info here.
MTD Service Changes
Service changes planned to begin in August include re-routing Line 15x to travel only along El Colegio Road, rather than along the narrow side streets of Isla Vista. Line 15x provides service between SBCC and UCSB/Isla Vista.
View an MDC flyer with map here.

There will also be additional evening service on this route. Three new, long-awaited, articulated buses are expected to arrive in Fall and be put into service on Lines 12x, 15x and 24x. These 60-foot articulated buses have a 40% larger passenger capacity.
Transportation Services
Updating above-ground fuel tank to comply with the latest APCD air quality regulations.

Acquiring new vehicles to enhance rental service to the campus community: 5 sedans (2 Ford Expeditions, 1 Dodge Grand Caravan, 2 economy) and 2 12–passenger vans.

Student Off-Campus Residence Permits
University off-campus housing complexes include Santa Catalina residence hall, four single-student apartments (El Dorado, San Clemente, Santa Ynez, and Westgate), and two family student apartments (Storke and West Campus). The complexes are managed by Housing & Residential Services.

How do I get an off-campus “H” parking permit?
Housing & Residential Services issues H permits, which allow residents to park at the complexes. Regulations and permit requirements vary by complex. Housing’s Parking & Transportation webpage provides essential information for each type of housing complex.

When & where may I park on campus?
An H permit issued by Housing & Residential Services is not valid for parking on campus from 7:30AM to 5:00PM, Monday–Friday. After-hours and on weekends, the permit gives you the same parking privileges as a Night & Weekend permit. Thus, parking is allowed in any of the lots and spaces allocated to visitors/students or faculty/staff. Restrictions may apply. For example, the permit doesn’t allow you to park in faculty or staff spaces marked “At All Times”.

Parking is allowed in time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated, but only after-hours and on weekends.❖

For more information
See Housing & Residential Services’ Parking & Transportation webpage. The page has information about parking at University-owned residence complexes, and also features information and helpful links for getting around by public transportation.

Terms of Use | Contact the Webmaster | UCSB Home Page | Campus Maps
Copyright © 2007 The Regents of the University of California, All Rights Reserved.
Transportation & Parking Services • (805) 893-2346 • Mon–Fri 7:30 to 5:00. Last Update: 3/24/2014.