Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE)
EV Charging Station locations
There are Level 2 (240V) EV charging locations in Lot 1 (x19 trickle-charge spaces) and inside each of our three parking structures: 10 Parking (x 8 spaces), 18 (Mesa) Parking (x 8 spaces), 22 Parking (x 4 spaces) and Lot 60 Parking Lot (x4 spaces). Look for the signs near the structure entrance. 10 Parking has four additional spaces dedicated to Level 1 (120V) charging on the first floor and 11 x trickle-charge Level 2 spaces that are available to EVs on the 3rd floor northeast corner of 10 Parking.
Please note that Lot 1 is restricted to UCSB Faculty and Staff at all times and 10 Parking is restricted to UCSB faculty and staff parking on weekdays from 7:30AM to 5:00PM. During these hours, in Lot 10 students and visitors may only use the charging stations in other parking locations such as lots 18, 22, and 60.
One Level 2 space in 18 (Mesa) Parking is currently provided with ADA spacing and two EV space with ADA spacing on the 3rd floor of the 10 parking structure northeast corner space nearest the elevator will be available in Summer 2019.
Vehicles parked in a ChargePoint-space must be ACTIVELY charging.
All other vehicles are subject to citation and immobilization.
Level 2 (240V) ChargePoint Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment on Main Campus
How to activate a ChargePoint Level 2 (240V) charging station:
- Option 1 – Hold your ChargePoint fob to the faceplate.
- Option 2 - Access your ChargePoint account via ChargePoint’s smartphone App.
- Option 3 - Use Google Pay or Apple Pay
- Option 4 - Call ChargePoint at 1.888.758.4389, ext.1. Tell the operator your location (UC Santa Barbara, Parking Structure 10, 18 or 22 or 60) and the station number code shown on the display.
Effective 7-1-2019 ChargePoint® stations will charge 20 cents per kWh dispensed and UCSB parking permit that is valid for the parking location must also be displayed .
Begin Charge Session as noted above and power is paid at the rate of 20 cents per kWh through ChargePoint... All power provided through a ChargePoint station on campus will require the payment for a valid UCSB parking permit and payment for power through ChargePoint.
Please move your plug in electric vehicle from the ChargePoint location when it is fully charged, to avoid citation.
NOTE: The two Trickle Charge options described below allow the connected vehicle to be parked as long as both a valid parking permit and valid EV Power Permit are both on display at the same time...This could allow parking all day without the need to move the vehicle when the charge is completed.
For Level 1 (120V) service, you provide your own cable.
- Park only in a stall designated for Level 1 EV charging on the ground floor of parking structure 10.
- Avoid placing your cable where it might create a pedestrian hazard.
- Secure your cable while it’s in use. The University cannot be held liable for theft or damage to your equipment.
For Level 2 Trickle-Charge (Non-ChargePoint).
Only available in a spaces on the north part of the center isle of lot 1 and the 3rd floor of parking structure 10 in the northeast corner. These spaces are EV-avaiable rather than EV-only so they are first come first served for any 4 wheeled vehicle. Click here for an image of the the Level 2 Trickle chargers.
You will need to pay for an EV POWER Permit at the parking permit dispenser in Lot 9 or the parking permit dispenser on the first floor of 10 Parking structure... A POWER + PARKING permit is available after 5p or on weekends for use in 10 Parking only if you do not have a valid parking permit for 10 Parking location) or an all-you-can-charge EV Power permit available through the Parking Services Sales Office.
Where & how to pay for service for Level 1 bring your own cord or Level 2 trickle charge
If you have a valid prepaid long-term UCSB-EV power permit and valid parking permit on your vehicle windshield an you may leave the vehicle to charging time at either the Level 1 bring your own cord EV spaces or the Level 2 trickle charge spaces.
All others must pay for power or power+parking at a parking permit dispenser in lot 9 or the first floor of parking structure 10.
- Patrons with a valid UCSB parking permit pay for power only.
- Patrons without a valid UCSB parking permit pay for power + parking.
- The rate for Level 1 or Level 2 trickle-charge power is $1 for each 4 hours, with a 12-hour maximum.
- Hourly rates for power and power+parking are shown by the permit dispenser interface.
Display paper permit face-up on your vehicle dashboard before leaving the area. Return to your vehicle before the amount of active charging time shown on the permit has expired.