Second Level Administrative Hearing

If you are not satisfied with the first level administrative review results, you may request an appointment with a Hearing Examiner within 21 days from the date of the response to the review. Requests received after the deadline date will not be considered for a hearing and any further rights to contest the citation(s) will be forfeited. A penalty payment must be made in order to request a hearing. You may submit this form and make a payment online. For instructions on how to submit a printed form and make a payment by mail or in person at the TPS Office, see How to Appeal a Citation.

Administrative Hearings are conducted by appointment or by mail. All information presented in the first level administrative review will be available to the Hearing Examiner.

  1. Complete ALL sections of this form.
  2. Click the Submit button to send your data. You will receive a confirmation email once form has been successfully submitted.
  3. Pay the citation penalty amount online.

For assistance with your hearing request, send an email to, or call 805.893.3680.

1 Start 2 Complete
Enter your personal information.
Schedule a hearing.

If requesting a hearing in person, select a day and time. Hearings are typically held on the second full week of the month.

You may request a hearing by mail:(a) submit this form online; (b) email, including a detailed written statement explaining why you are contesting the citation(s) that were issued to you, and attaching any additional documentary information to substantiate your claim.

A letter will be mailed to you confirming the date and time of your hearing. If you need to reschedule, contact the Adjudication Office at 805.893.2589 prior to your hearing appointment. You will be allowed one opportunity to reschedule.

Pay the full penalty amount of the citation(s).

Post a payment online.

Failure to request a hearing within 21 days of the response to the first level review, or failure to appear on your assigned hearing date will result in forfeiture of your posted payment. If your appeal is successful, your payment will be refunded by check.