University Owned Apartment Permits

Summer Sessions 2018 Parking Permits available on-line now

Any student enrolled in UCSB Summer Session classes or enrolled in the International Student Programs through UCSB Extension is eligible for summer sessions parking permit Santa YnezEl Dorado and Westwinds Apartments. 

  • Permits are issued based up on the dates for Summer Sessions A and/or B. The permit is pro-rated down at the end of session A to $75.00, if you return your permit at the end of Session A you will be refunded $75.00.  If the permit is returned after the beginning of Session B, no refund will be given.  
  • Students no longer enrolled will not be eligible for parking permits.
  • You can apply for your parking permit at:
  • If you have any questions about summer housing, please email Visit the Community Housing page for privately-owned housing options. 


SANTA YNEZ (Lot 57),



A & B








Students may apply for the 2018-19 Housing permits beginning September 1st

University housing complexes include Santa Catalina residence halls, five single-student apartments (El Dorado/Westwinds, San Clemente, San Joaquin, Santa Ynez, Sierra Madre, and Westgate), and two family student apartments (Storke Family Housing and West Campus). The complexes are managed by Housing & Residential Services.

ATTENTION: Due to the limited amount of spaces in El Dorado/Westwinds, there will be a lottery for the H44 parking permits. You may begin to apply for the permit on September 1st. We will draw the lottery on September 7th. If you win the lottery, you have to purchase your parking permit by September 9th or you will forfeit your spot to the next person on the waitlist. If you do NOT win the lottery, we will keep your name on the waitlist until a space opens up. You may purchase a Santa Ynez parking permit (overflow lot) in the mean time until space becomes available in the Housing lot where you live. We will contact you to upgrade your Santa Ynez permit once space is available.

How do I apply for a parking permit?

Click Buy your parking permit HERE to purchase a University off-campus housing permit.

Parking regulations and permit requirements vary by complex. Housing’s Parking & Transportation webpage provides essential information for each type of housing.

When & where may I park on the main campus?

The University apartment housing permits issued by TPS is valid for your designated parking area (at all times), but is NOT valid anywhere on the main campus between 7:30AM to 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.

Main Campus parking is allowed:
  • From 5:00PM to 7:30AM, Monday-Friday
  • On weekends
  • In time-restricted parking spaces after-hours and on weekends (only for the duration of time designated)

Thus, parking is allowed in any of the lots and spaces allocated to visitors/students or faculty/staff. Restrictions may apply. For example, the permits do not allow you to park in faculty or staff spaces marked “At All Times”.

The H permits are NEVER valid in lots 1, 2, 11, 19, or 24. The H permits are NOT interchangeable between the UCSB apartments (for example: an H57 permit for Santa Ynez cannot park in San Clemente, Storke Family Housing, El Dorado/Westwinds, Westgate, West Campus, or Sierra Madre).

For more information

See Housing & Residential Services’ Parking & Transportation webpage. The page has information about residence hall parking, and also features information and helpful links for getting around by public transportation.

  • Parking permits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" or "22IVA" permit holder in the assigned parking lot.
  • Parking permits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility. 
  • Permits remain the property of UCSB and are assigned to individuals.  They are not transferable between friends or family members.
  • Permits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
  • Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking permit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
  • Decal type permits must be attached to the lower left hand (driver's) side of the windshield with the adhesive provided on the decal and without the use of tape, plastic sleeve or hang tag (unless originally issued in that format).