Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE)
EV Charging Station locations
There are Level 2 (240V) EV charging stations inside each of our three parking structures: 10 Parking (x 8), 18 (Mesa) Parking (x 8), 22 Parking (x 4) and 60 Parking Lot (x4). Look for the signs near the structure entrance. 10 Parking has four additional spaces dedicated to Level 1 (120V) charging.
Please note that 10 Parking is restricted to faculty and staff parking on weekdays from 7:30AM to 5:00PM. During these hours, students and visitors get to use the charging stations in the other two parking structures.
One Level 2 station in 18 (Mesa) Parking is currently provided with ADA spacing.
Vehicles parked in a charging station must be ACTIVELY charging.
All other vehicles are subject to citation and immobilization.
Level 2 (240V) ChargePoint Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment on Main Campus
How to activate a Level 2 (240V) charging station:
- Option 1 – Hold your ChargePoint® fob to the faceplate.
- Option 2 - Access your ChargePoint® account via ChargePoint’s smartphone App.
- Option 3 - Call ChargePoint® at 1.888.758.4389, ext.1. Tell the operator your location (UC Santa Barbara, Parking Structure 10, 18 or 22) and the station number (1- 4).
You will have to pay for a POWER permit at the dispenser inside the parking structure (or a POWER + PARKING permit if you do not have a parking permit). The ChargePoint account card will unlock the Power station, but will not* deduct funds from your ChargePoint account.
* This means that No Charge to Charge Cards from Nissan and others will not pay for power on the main UCSB Campus where power gets paid through our permit dispsnsers
Level 2 (240V) ChargePoint Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment in Parking Lot 60
Begin Charge Session as noted above and power is paid at the rate of $0.20 per kWh through ChargePoint rather than a permit dispenser
For Level 1 (120V) service, you provide your own cable.
- Park only in a stall designated for Level 1 EV charging on the ground floor of parking structure 10.
- Avoid placing your cable where it might create a pedestrian hazard.
- Secure your cable while it’s in use. The University cannot be held liable for theft or damage to your equipment.
Where & how to pay for service
If you have a prepaid UCSB-EV permit on your vehicle dashboard, you can leave the vehicle for unlimited active charging time.
All others must pay for power or power+parking at a nearby permit dispenser.
- Patrons with a valid UCSB parking permit pay for power only.
- Patrons without a valid UCSB parking permit pay for power + parking.
- The rate for Level 2 power is $1 per hour, with a 10-hour maximum in our Parking Structures. Level 2 power in 60 parking lot is $0.20 per kWh.
- The rate for Level 1 power is $1 for each 4 hours, with a 12-hour maximum.
- Hourly rates for power and power+parking are posted near the charging stations and in the permit dispensers.
Display paper permit face-up on your vehicle dashboard before leaving the area. Return to your vehicle before the amount of active charging time shown on the permit has expired.
Please move your plug in electric vehicle when it’s fully charged to avoid citation