Who is eligible
Graduate students are eligible for an annual Night & Weekend parking permit, the cost of which is covered by a quarterly $5.00 lock-in fee. If you are a graduate student residing in University-owned housing, your H permit will grant you the same Night & Weekend campus parking privileges. You may request one or the other, but cannot own both.
When & where to park
A Night & Weekend permit allows parking on campus Monday through Friday from 5:00PM until 7:30AM the next morning, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
During these hours (and only during these hours), you may park in Faculty & Staff Parking and Visitor & Student Parking. The permit is NEVER valid in Lots 1, 2, 11, 19, 24 or the UCSB owned off campus Housing apartments (Santa Ynez, San Clemente, El Dorado, Westgate, West Campus, Storke Family Housing, or Sierra Madre).
Coastal Access and vendor spaces are valid for parking, as are time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated.
The Night & Weekend permit does not allow you to park at any time in:
- lots, areas, or spaces marked “At All Times” or marked for “H” permit holders
- where other restrictions apply — for example, reserved, metered or spaces
- parking facilities operated by Housing & Residential Services
How to apply
- Receive an email confirmation of your order. Contact Parking Services if you do not receive a confirmation. Failure to receive a confirmation most likely indicates that we do not have your correct email address.
- Receive an email (typically within two business days) advising you whether or not your order was approved, and how to go back online to complete the order.
- Receive instructions for printing a temporary permit. A long-term permit will be mailed to the address listed on your application.
There is no charge for ordering a permit. Your quarterly lock-in fee covers the cost.
When to renew
The annual permit expires on June 30. Please note that renewal is not automatic. To maintain parking privileges, log into your online account and apply for a new permit before June 30.