Who is eligible
Undergraduate students are eligible to buy an annual Night & Weekend parking permit, the cost of which is covered in part by a $3.33 quarterly lock-in fee.
An alternative for undergraduates is to buy one-time permits at $4.00 each or 15-day Night & Weekend permits at $8.00 each. The permits are sold from permit dispensers at our regular price since purchases are not covered by a lock-in fee.
When & where to park
An annual Night & Weekend permit allows you to park on campus Monday through Friday from 5:00PM until 7:30AM the next morning, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
A machine-dispensed Night & Weekend permit has the same privileges and hours as the annual Night & Weekend permit, except it is not on sale, nor is it valid for parking, on Friday and Saturday nights from midnight to 5AM the next morning.
During permitted hours, you may park in Faculty & Staff Parking and Visitor & Student Parking. The permit is NEVER valid in Lots 1, 2, 11, 19, 24 or the UCSB owned off campus Housing Lots (Santa Ynez, San Clemente, Santa Catalina, El Dorado, Westgate, West Campus, Storke Family Housing or Sierra Madre).
Coastal Access and vendor spaces are valid for parking, as are time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated.
The Night & Weekend permit does not allow you to park at any time in:
- lots, areas, or spaces marked “At All Times” or marked for “H” permit holders
- where other restrictions apply — for example, reserved, metered or spaces
- parking facilities operated by Housing & Residential Services
How to apply
- Receive an email confirmation of your order. Contact Parking Services if you do not receive a confirmation. Failure to receive a confirmation most likely indicates that we do not have your correct email address.
- Receive an email (typically within two business days) advising you whether or not your order was approved, and how to go back online to complete the order.
- Receive instructions for printing a temporary permit. A long-term permit will be mailed to the address listed on your application.
When to renew
The annual permit expires on June 30. Please note that renewal is not automatic. To maintain parking privileges, log into your online account and apply for a new permit before June 30.
Price and payment options
The cost of the annual (4 quarters) permit is $70.00, plus $5.95 processing, shipping & handling fee. TPS accepts payment by cash, debit/credit card, or a check made payable to UC Regents.
A permit purchased after the start of a fiscal year is prorated by quarter and the appropriate fee charged for the remaining quarters. If you purchase an annual permit after October 1, for example, the cost to you is $52.50 for three quarters. After January 1, you pay $35.00 for two quarters, and after April 1, $17.50 for one quarter. (Quoted prices do not include the $5.95 processing, shipping & handling fee.)
Permit returns and refunds
Annual permits that are not being used must be returned to Parking Services to qualify for a refund. See here for more information about our permit return policy.