Who is eligible
Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students who reside more than two miles from campus are eligible for a "C" parking permit. A current lease agreement as proof of residence and vehicle registration will be required prior to approval. (Click here to determine whether you are ineligible by reason of residing within two miles of campus.)
If you are ineligible for a student “C” permit, consider purchasing an undergraduate Night & Weekend or a graduate Night & Weekend permit. Students and community members are eligible to purchase a Night & Weekend permit whether they reside inside or outside the two-mile exclusion zone.
Where to park
A "C" permit allows you to park at all times in student lots. Monday to Friday between 5:00PM and 7:30AM, and all day Saturday and Sunday, parking is allowed in faculty/staff lots. The permit is NEVER valid lots 1, 2, 11, 19, or 24.
The permit is valid for parking in time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated.
The permit is not valid in lots, areas, and spaces marked “At All Times” or where other restrictions apply — for example: "R" Reserved spaces, Restricted spaces, Service spaces, VENDOR spaces, Metered spaces (without paying the meter), or "H23" permit holder spaces. The permit is NOT valid in Coastal Access spaces or "GOLD" spaces on weekdays, Monday–Friday 7:30AM–5:00PM. The permit is NOT valid in Lot 2 or in the off-campus parking facilities operated by Housing & Residential Services.
How to apply
- Receive an email confirmation of your order. Contact Parking Services if you do not receive a confirmation. Failure to receive a confirmation most likely indicates that we do not have your correct email address.
- Receive an email (typically within two business days) advising you whether or not your order was approved, and how to go back online to complete the order.
- Receive instructions for printing a temporary permit. A long-term permit will be mailed to the address listed on your application.
When to renew
Renewal is not automatic. To maintain parking privileges, log into your online account and apply for a new permit before the expiration date.
Price and payment options
- $450 for an annual permit, July through June.
- $120 for a quarterly permit. The beginning and end dates of quarters correspond to the UCSB Registrar’s Academic Calendar.
Your effective cost for an annual permit is $37.50 per month. A permit purchased after the start of a permit period (year or quarter) is prorated and the appropriate fee charged for the remainder of the period. If you purchase an annual permit in November, for example, the cost to you is $300. In January, you pay $225, and in March $150.
TPS accepts payment by cash, debit/credit card, or a check made payable to UC Regents.
Permit returns and refunds
Annual permits that are not being used must be returned to Parking Services to qualify for a refund. See here for more information about our permit return policy.