Rentals to those who are 18 and older
Rent a car by the hour or by the day
- User fees include fuel, insurance, a reserved Zipcar parking spot, 180 miles per day then every mile after that there is a $0.45 per mile fee
- Zipcars live locally on UCSB main campus, Isla Vista and Santa Barbara City College, downtown Santa Barbara and Westmont College
- Each Zipcar needs to be returned to the reserved parking space from which it was originally collected.
- Membership is universal—members 18-21 years old have access to the cars in the USA and Canada. Those 21+ have access to Zipcars across the world
Zipcar offers UC Santa Barbara Faculty, Staff and Students Discounted sign up and membership fees
All membership categories above subject to change and verification
UCSB Departments may also create Zipcar departmental accounts that are charged to UCSB flexcards for departmental use.
To become a Zipster, fill out an application here
- Rentals to students who are 21 and older... A 'Young Renter Fee' may be applied to your rental if you are between the ages of 21 and 24.
- Free pick-ups
For more information or to book a reservation, call (805) 683-0067 or go to the Enterprise Web site.
- Rentals to those who are 20 and older
Renters between the ages of 20-24 must secure the car with their own major credit card, not a debit card. At the end of the rental any charges may be paid with a debit card and the credit authorization will be released. There is an additional "Age Differential Charge" based on the vehicle type.
For more information or to book a reservation, call (805) 967-9489 or go to the Hertz Web site.