- UCSB students received Unlimited SBMTD bus use between Goleta and Carpinteria as a part of their registration fees for each quarter
Additional Inducements to Faculty and Staff
- Discounts on bus passes, vanpool subscriptions, and carpool permits
- Pre-tax payroll deduction available for vanpool and bus
- Enrollment in the “Emergency Ride Home Program”
- Access to regional carpool matching services (more info here)
- Note: TAP's Complimentary parking perks are limited to those who qualify and primarily work, in person, at the UCSB Main Campus, West Campus, North Campus, or Storke Campus at least 3-days per week and primarily use an alternative to drive alone on these days such as walk, skateboard, kick-scooter, bicycle, bus, train, vanpool or carpool.
Emergency Ride Home Program
Eligible members of the Transportation Alternatives Program qualify for the Emergency Ride Home Program if they hold a valid California driver’s license. In the event of unexpected personal or family illness, or unexpected supervisor-approved overtime, a UC vehicle may be made available for a maximum of six times per year for a round-trip between UCSB and home. NOTE: Emergency Ride Home vehicles must be returned to UCSB Transportation Services on the next business day or the responsible party will incur vehicle rental fees.
Benefits at a Glance
|Unlimited MTD Bus Use
|Complimentary Emergency Ride Home
|50% Discount Carpool Permit
|Up to 6 days per quarter (pro-rated to up to 2 days per month) by way of a virtual, paperless, sticker-less ePermit based on the license plate number on file.
Employed 45% +
1 Available to students who live more than two miles from campus and commute to campus by foot, skateboard, bicycle, bus, vanpool, carpool, or train.
2 $52 Unlimited 30-Day MTD Bus Pass discounted to $31 per month through pretax payroll deduction for Career Staff or Faculty Members on the UCSB payroll at least 45% time and at least 4 months into the future.
3 Available to students who pay the specific quarter's registration fees.
4 Available to students who ride the Vanpool or long-distance buses.