- UCSB students received Unlimited SBMTD bus use between Goleta and Carpinteria as a part of their registration fees
Additional Inducements to Faculty and Staff
- Discounts on bus passes, vanpool subscriptions, and carpool permits
- Pre-tax payroll deduction available for vanpool and bus
- Enrollment in the “Emergency Ride Home Program”
- Access to regional carpool matching services (more info here)
- Note: TAP's Complimentary parking perks are limited to those who qualify and primarily work at the UCSB Main Campus, West Campus or North Campus and Storke Campus
Emergency Ride Home Program
Eligible members of the Transportation Alternatives Program qualify for the Emergency Ride Home Program if they hold a valid California driver’s license. In the event of unexpected personal or family illness, or unexpected supervisor-approved overtime, a UC vehicle may be made available for a maximum of six times per year for a round-trip between UCSB and home. NOTE: Emergency Ride Home vehicles must be returned to UCSB Transportation Services on the next business day or the responsible party will incur vehicle rental fees.
Benefits at a Glance
|UCSB Status||Complimentary Parking||Unlimited MTD Bus Use||Complimentary Emergency Ride Home||50% Discount Carpool Permit|
|Up to 6 days per quarter by way of a virtual, paperless, sticker-less ePermit based on the license plate number on file.|
Employed 45% +
1 Available to students who live more than two miles from campus and commute to campus by foot, skateboard, bicycle, bus, vanpool, carpool or train.
2 $52 Unlimited 30-Day MTD Bus Pass discounted to $31 per month through pretax payroll deduction for Career Staff or Faculty Members on the UCSB payroll at least 30% time and at least 4 months into the future.
3 Available to students who pay the specific quarter's registration fees.
4 Available to students who ride the Vanpool or long distance buses.