Who is Eligible
UCSB full-time and part-time career or limited appointment staff are eligible to obtain a staff B ePermit. Employees requesting “B” ePermits will have their status verified via the UC Path.
Where to Park
The B ePermit allows you to park in the lots and structures designated for staff.
The ePermit is valid in student lots, and for parking in time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated.
The ePermit is NOT valid in spaces marked for faculty only, or where other restrictions apply — for example: "R" Reserved spaces, Restricted spaces, Service spaces, VENDOR spaces, Metered spaces (without paying the meter), or "H23" ePermit holder spaces.
The ePermit is NOT valid in "Coastal Access" spaces nor the "GOLD" on weekdays, Monday–Friday 7:30am–5:00pm.
The ePermit is NOT valid in Lot 2 or in the Residential Community Living parking facilities operated by Housing & Residential Services.
How to Apply
Apply for an ePermit online by clicking here. You will be asked to select an employment status and provide your employee ID number. If you are creating an account for the first time you will be asked to select an employment status and provide your employee ID number. Once your application is approved, you will receive an email with instructions for completing the order. Once payment is accepted, you can begin to park right away.
Visit us at Parking Services if you need assistance placing an order. Vehicles parked on campus not associated to your ePermit may receive a citation.
When to Renew
Annual ePermits expire at the end of the fiscal year on June 30. Quarterly ePermits expire at the end of an academic quarter. Renew your ePermit before it expires by logging onto your online account.
Price and Payment Options
- $450 for an annual ePermit, July through June.
- $120 for a quarterly ePermit. The beginning and end dates of quarters correspond to the UCSB Registrar’s Academic Calendar.
- $8.00 for a daily and $56 for a 30-day ePermit, both available on-line.
- $37.50 monthly for a Payroll Deduction ePermit.
TPS accepts payment for an annual or quarterly permit by cash, debit/credit card or check, in the full amount. If you pay by payroll deduction, you will have $37.50 deducted from your monthly paycheck until such time as the permit is returned to Parking Services.
An annual or quarterly permit purchased after the start of the permit period is prorated and the appropriate fee charged for the remainder of the period.
Permit Returns and Refunds
- Parking ePermits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" or "IVA" ePermit holder with an active lease agreement in the assigned parking lot.
- Parking ePermits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility.
- ePermits are not transferable between friends or family members.
- ePermits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
- Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking ePermit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
- You will not receive a physical permit, because your license plate acts as your permit number. You may be subject to citation if you neglect to associate your license plate on your eParking account at http://tps.ucsb.edu/parking-permits/ePermits.