Who is Eligible
Retired staff who are not on pay status are eligible to obtain a retiree B permit. The Emeriti/Retirees Center provides TPS with a list of eligible retirees. Please enjoy the privilege accorded to you by your complimentary parking permit.
Should you return to payroll status — however long or short the duration — you will be required to pay for parking. Your retiree B permit will no longer be valid. The Emeriti ePermit will be deactivated and no longer valid. Emeriti ePermits are intended for the occasional visit to campus, not for regular daily commutes.
TPS is non-state funded auxiliary department. All maintenance and upkeep for our parking facilities are paid for through parking fees.
The "B" Permit
The retiree B permit is issued exclusively to qualified applicants. It may NOT be transferred to any other person for temporary or long-term use.
Where to Park
A retiree B permit accords the same parking privileges as a staff B permit; you are allowed to park in the lots and structures designated for staff.
Note: Only one vehicle per ePermit is allowed to park on campus at a time.
The permit is valid in student lots, and for parking in time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated.
The permit is not valid in spaces marked for faculty only, or where other restrictions apply — for example: "R" Reserved spaces, Restricted spaces, Service Spaces, VENDOR spaces, Metered spaces (without paying the meter), or "H23" permit holder spaces. The permit is also NOT valid in Lot 15, "Coastal Access" spaces, nor "GOLD" spaces on weekdays, Monday–Friday 7:30am–5:00pm. The permit is NOT valid in Lot 2 or in the off-campus residential parking facilities.
How to Apply
Log into your eParking account here. Click on Permit Approval Request. Follow the instructions on each page to complete your application. You will be asked to provide a copy of your blue Emeriti/Retirees membership card.
When to Renew
New applications will need to be submitted each year beginning December, Emeriti/Reitree permits expire at the end of each calendar year.
- In order for an ePermit to be valid, the vehicle's license plate must be affixed to the exterior of the vehicle, unobstructed, and fully visible from the drive aisle of the parking lot or structure.
- Parking ePermits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" ePermit holder with an active lease agreement in the assigned parking lot.
- Parking ePermits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility.
- ePermits are not transferable between friends or family members.
- ePermits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
- Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking ePermit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
- You will not receive a physical permit, because your license plate acts as your ePermit number. You may be subject to citation if you neglect to associate your license plate on your Parking account at http://tps.ucsb.edu/parking-permits/ePermits.