Who is Eligible
UCSB faculty and members of Managers & Senior Professionals (MSP) are eligible to obtain a faculty "A" ePermit. Employees requesting “A” ePermits will have their status verified via UC Path. Employees not appearing in UC Path, or employees without the proper title code, will need to visit the Parking Services office in Lot 30 to verify eligibility.
Where to Park
The A ePermit allows you to park in the lots and structures designated for faculty, including spaces within the lots/structures marked “Faculty At All Times”.
Note: Only one vehicle per ePermit is allowed to park on campus at a time.
The ePermit is valid in student lots, and for parking in time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated.
The ePermit is not valid where restrictions apply — for example: "R" Reserved spaces, Restricted spaces, Service spaces, VENDOR spaces, Metered spaces (without paying the meter), or "H23" ePermit holder spaces.
The ePermit is NOT valid in "Coastal Access" spaces nor the "GOLD" on weekdays, Monday–Friday 7:30am–5:00pm.
The ePermit is NOT valid in Lot 2 or in the Residential Community Living parking facilities operated by Housing & Residential Services.
How to Apply
Apply for a ePermit online by clicking here. If you are creating an account for the first time you will be asked to select an employment status and provide your employee ID number. Once your application is approved, you will receive an email with instructions for completing the order. Once payment is accepted, you can begin to park right away.
Visit us at Parking Services if you need assistance placing an order. Vehicles parked on not associated to your permit may receive a citation.
When to Renew
Annual ePermits expire at the end of the fiscal year on June 30. Quarterly ePermits expire at the end of an academic quarter. Renew your ePermit before it expires by logging onto your online account.
Payroll Deduction ePermits will continue until the ePermit is cancelled or the employee no longer has an active status in UCPath. An email notification will be sent should your ePermit be cancelled due to ineligibility.
Price and Payment Options
- $450 for an annual ePermit, July through June.
- $120 for a quarterly ePermit. The beginning and end dates of quarters correspond to the UCSB Registrar’s Academic Calendar.
- $8.00 for a daily and $56 for a 30-day ePermit, both available on-line via your parking account.
- $37.50 monthly for a Payroll Deduction ePermit.
TPS accepts payment for an annual or quarterly ePermit by cash, debit/credit card or check, in the full amount. If you pay by payroll deduction, you will have $37.50 deducted from your monthly paycheck until such time as the ePermit is cancelled with Parking Services of you no longer qualify.
An annual or quarterly ePermit purchased after the start of the ePermit period is prorated and the appropriate fee charged for the remainder of the period.
ePermit Returns and Refunds
- In order for an ePermit to be valid, the vehicle's license plate must be affixed to the exterior of the vehicle, unobstructed, and fully visible from the drive aisle of the parking lot or structure.
- Parking ePermits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" ePermit holder with an active lease agreement in the assigned parking lot.
- Parking ePermits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility.
- ePermits are not transferable between friends or family members.
- ePermits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
- Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking ePermit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
- You will not receive a physical permit, because your license plate acts as your ePermit number. You may be subject to citation if you neglect to associate your license plate on your Parking account at http://tps.ucsb.edu/parking-permits/ePermits.