New ePermit Parking System
All UCSB parking permits have transitioned to a virtual ePermit parking system. The UCSB ePermit system works by associating your vehicle’s license plate with your individual parking account. The UCSB ePermit allows one vehicle to be associated with your parking ePermit. Upon application please be prepared to provide a current lease agreement and a copy of your vehicle's DMV registration.
Who is Eligible
Graduate students are eligible for an annual Night & Weekend parking ePermit, the cost of which is covered by a quarterly $5.00 lock-in fee. If you are a graduate student residing in University-owned housing, your H ePermit will grant you the same Night & Weekend campus parking privileges. You may request one or the other, but cannot own both.
When & Where to Park
A Night & Weekend ePermit allows parking on campus Monday through Friday from 5:00pm until 7:30am the next morning, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
During these hours, you may park in:
- Faculty & Staff Parking lots
- Student Commuter lots
- Time-Restricted parking spaces for the time designated
- Note: Observe lot entrance signs; some lots and spaces are reserved "At All Times"
The Night & Weekend ePermit DOES NOT allow you to park at any time in:
- Lot 2
- UCSB-owned apartments (Santa Ynez, San Clemente, El Dorado, Westgate, West Campus, Storke Family Housing, or Sierra Madre)
- Lots, areas, and spaces marked “At All Times” or where other restrictions apply — for example, "R" reserved spaces, metered spaces, GOLD spaces, Coastal Access spaces, or lots/spaces marked for vendors or “H” permit holders.
How to Apply
Apply for your annual ePermit online by clicking here. Upon submitting your application and a copy of your vehicle's DMV registration, you will then:
- Receive an email confirmation of your order. Contact Parking Services if you do not receive a confirmation. Failure to receive a confirmation most likely indicates that we do not have your correct email address.
- Receive an email (typically within two business days) advising you whether or not your order was approved, and how to go back online to complete the order.
- Your vehicle license plate is your parking ePermit, be sure to reference the Parking Guidlines provide at checkout.
There is no charge for ordering a ePermit. Your quarterly lock-in fee covers the cost.
When to Renew
The annual ePermit expires on June 30. Please note that renewal is not automatic. To maintain parking privileges, log into your online account and apply for a new ePermit before June 30.
- Parking ePermits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" or "IVA" ePermit holder with an active lease agreement in the assigned parking lot.
- Parking ePermits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility.
- ePermits are not transferable between friends or family members.
- ePermits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
- Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking ePermit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
- You will not receive a physical permit, because your license plate acts as your permit number. You may be subject to citation if you neglect to associate your license plate on your eParking account at http://tps.ucsb.edu/parking-permits/ePermits.