New ePermit Parking System
All UCSB parking permits have transitioned to a virtual ePermit parking system. The UCSB ePermit system works by associating your vehicle’s license plate with your individual parking account. The UCSB ePermit allows one vehicle to be associated with your parking ePermit. Upon application please be prepared to provide a current lease agreement and a copy of your vehicle's DMV registration.
Who is Eligible
Graduate students employed on campus 45% or more of their time qualify for a Graduate Student staff B ePermit. The applicant must show the required amount of time on the University UC Path system, or be listed on the Graduate Division Fellowship List. Graduate students employed less than 45% of their time may qualify for a student C Commuter ePermit.
Where to Park
A Graduate Student staff B ePermit allows you to park in lots and spaces designated "B" for Staff. Parking is allowed in time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated.
The ePermit is NOT valid in spaces marked “Faculty At All Times”, Restricted Spaces, Service Spaces or where other restrictions apply — for example, "R" Reserved spaces or metered spaces, or lots/spaces marked for vendors or “H” ePermit holders.
The ePermit is NOT valid in Coastal Access spaces or "GOLD" spaces on weekdays, Monday–Friday 7:30am–5:00pm.
The ePermit is NOT valid in Lot 2 or in the Residential & Community Living parking facilities operated by Housing & Residential Services.
How to Apply
Apply for your ePermit online by clicking here. Upon creating your account, you will then add yourself to the appropriate ePermit waitlist(s). Be prepared to provide a copy your vehicle's DMV registration.
- Our office will verify your ePermit eligibility and email you (typically within 48 hours) with an approval or request for additional information.
- Once approved, return to your account online to complete your purchase. You will receive a confirmation email receipt.
- Contact Parking Services at (805) 893-2346 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a confirmation.
- Your vehicle license plate is your parking ePermit, be sure to reference the Parking Guidlines provide at checkout for additional ePermit details.
Renewal is not automatic. To maintain parking privileges, log into your online account and apply for a new ePermit before the expiration date.
Price and Payment Options
- $450 for an annual ePermit, July through June.
- $120 for a quarterly ePermit. The beginning and end dates of quarters correspond to the UCSB Registrar’s Academic Calendar.
Your effective cost for an annual ePermit is $37.50 per month. A ePermit purchased after the start of a ePermit period (year or quarter) is prorated and the appropriate fee charged for the remainder of the period. If you purchase an annual ePermit in November, for example, the cost to you is $300. In January, you pay $225, and in March $150.
TPS accepts payment by cash, debit/credit card, or a check made payable to UC Regents.
ePermit Returns and Refunds
- Parking ePermits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" or "IVA" ePermit holder with an active lease agreement in the assigned parking lot.
- Parking ePermits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility.
- ePermits are not transferable between friends or family members.
- ePermits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
- Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking ePermit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
- You will not receive a physical permit, because your license plate acts as your permit number. You may be subject to citation if you neglect to associate your license plate on your eParking account at http://tps.ucsb.edu/parking-permits/ePermits.