New ePermit Parking System
All UCSB parking permits have transitioned to a virtual ePermit parking system. The UCSB ePermit system works by associating your vehicle’s license plate with your individual parking account. The UCSB ePermit allows one vehicle to be associated with your parking ePermit. Upon application please be prepared to provide a current lease agreement and a copy of your vehicle's DMV registration.
Who is Eligible
Undergraduate students are eligible to buy an annual Night & Weekend parking ePermit, the cost of which is covered in part by a $3.33 quarterly lock-in fee.
An alternative for undergraduates is to buy one-time ePermits at $4.00 each or 15-day Night & Weekend ePermits at $8.00 each. The ePermits are sold from permit dispensers or online here at at our regular price since purchases are not covered by a lock-in fee.
When & Where to Park
An annual Night & Weekend ePermit allows you to park on campus Monday through Friday from 5:00pm until 7:30am the next morning, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
A machine-dispensed Night & Weekend ePermit has the same privileges and hours as the annual Night & Weekend ePermit, except it is not on sale, nor is it valid for parking, on Friday and Saturday nights from midnight to 5am the next morning.
During permitted hours, you may park in Faculty & Staff Parking and Visitor & Student Parking (See Lot entrance signs; some lots/spaces are reserved "At All Times").
The ePermit is NEVER valid in Lots 1, 2, 11, 19, 24 or the UCSB owned off campus Housing Lots (Santa Ynez, San Clemente, Santa Catalina, El Dorado, Westgate, West Campus, Storke Family Housing or Sierra Madre).
Coastal Access and time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated.
The Night & Weekend ePermit DOES NOT allow you to park at any time in:
- See Lot entrance signs; some lots, areas, or spaces marked “At All Times” or marked for “H” ePermit holders
- Where other restrictions apply — for example, reserved, metered or handicap spaces
- Parking facilities operated by Housing & Residential Services
How to Apply
Apply for your annual ePermit online by clicking here. Upon submitting your application and a copy of your vehicle's DMV registration, you will then:
- Receive an email confirmation of your order. Contact Parking Services if you do not receive a confirmation. Failure to receive a confirmation most likely indicates that we do not have your correct email address.
- Receive an email (typically within two business days) advising you whether or not your order was approved, and how to go back online to complete the order.
- Your vehicle license plate is your parking ePermit, be sure to reference the Parking Guidelines provide at checkout.
When to Renew
The annual ePermit expires on June 30. Please note that renewal is not automatic. To maintain parking privileges, log into your online account and apply for a new ePermit before June 30.
Price and Payment Options
The cost of the annual (4 quarters) ePermit is $70.00. TPS accepts payment by cash, debit/credit card, or a check made payable to UC Regents.
A ePermit purchased after the start of a fiscal year is prorated by quarter and the appropriate fee charged for the remaining quarters. If you purchase an annual ePermit after October 1, for example, the cost to you is $52.50 for three quarters. After January 1, you pay $35.00 for two quarters, and after April 1, $17.50 for one quarter.
ePermit Returns and Refunds
Contact Parking Services to determine if you qualify for a refund. See here for more information about our ePermit return policy.
- In order for an ePermit to be valid, the vehicle's license plate must be affixed to the exterior of the vehicle, unobstructed, and fully visible from the drive aisle of the parking lot or structure.
- Parking ePermits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" ePermit holder with an active lease agreement in the assigned parking lot.
- Parking ePermits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility.
- ePermits are not transferable between friends or family members.
- ePermits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
- Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking ePermit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
- You will not receive a physical permit, because your license plate acts as your ePermit number. You may be subject to citation if you neglect to associate your license plate on your Parking account at http://tps.ucsb.edu/parking-permits/ePermits.