New ePermit Parking System
All UCSB parking permits have transitioned to a virtual ePermit parking system. The UCSB ePermit system works by associating your vehicle’s license plate with your individual parking account. The UCSB ePermit allows one vehicle to be associated with your parking ePermit. Upon application please be prepared to provide a current lease agreement and a copy of your vehicle's DMV registration.
Who is Eligible
Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students who reside more than two miles from campus are eligible for a quarterly "C" Commuter parking ePermit. A current lease agreement as proof of residence and vehicle registration will be required prior to approval. (Click here to determine whether you are ineligible by reason of residing within two miles of campus.)
If you are ineligible for a quarterly student “C” Commuter ePermit, consider purchasing an Undergraduate Night & Weekend or a Graduate Night & Weekend ePermit. Students and community members are eligible to purchase a Night & Weekend ePermit whether they reside inside or outside the two-mile exclusion zone.
UCSB has limited parking space available to students. Most students walk, bike, or take the bus. The best advice to students regarding parking on campus is don’t bring a car.
Where to Park
A "C" Commuter ePermit allows you to park at all times in "C" lots as shown on the UCSB Campus Parking Map. Monday to Friday between 5:00pm and 7:30am, and all day Saturday and Sunday, parking is allowed in faculty/staff lots (see Lot entrance signs; some lots/spaces are reserved "At All Times").
"C" Commuter ePermit is NEVER valid lots 1, 2, 11, 19, or 24. The ePermit is valid for parking in time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated.
The ePermit is not valid in lots, areas, and spaces marked “At All Times” or where other restrictions apply — for example: "R" Reserved spaces, Restricted spaces, Service spaces, VENDOR spaces, Metered spaces (without paying the meter), or "H23" ePermit holder spaces. The ePermit is NOT valid in Coastal Access spaces or "GOLD" spaces on weekdays, Monday–Friday 7:30am–5:00pm. The ePermit is NOT valid in Lot 2 or in the off-campus parking facilities operated by Housing & Residential Services.
How to Apply
Apply for your ePermit online by clicking here. Upon creating your account, you will then add yourself to the appropriate ePermit waitlist(s). Be prepared to provide a copy of your current lease agreement and your vehicle's DMV registration.
- Our office will verify your ePermit eligibility and email you (typically within 48 hours) with an approval or request for additional information.
- Once approved, return to your account online to complete your purchase. You will receive a confirmation email receipt.
- Contact Parking Services at (805) 893-2346 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a confirmation.
- Your vehicle license plate is your parking ePermit, be sure to reference the Parking Guidlines provide at checkout for additional ePermit details.
When to Renew
Renewal is not automatic. To maintain parking privileges, log into your online account and apply for a new ePermit before the expiration date.
Price and Payment Options
- $120 for a quarterly ePermit. The beginning and end dates of quarters correspond to the UCSB Registrar’s Academic Calendar.
- $450 for an annual ePermit, July through June. (Sold in limited quantities due to limited parking availability)
A ePermit purchased after the start of a ePermit period is prorated and the appropriate fee charged for the remainder of the period. If you purchase an annual ePermit in November, for example, the cost to you is $300. In January, you pay $225, and in March $150.
TPS accepts payment by cash, debit/credit card, or a check made payable to UC Regents.
ePermit Returns and Refunds
Contact Parking Services to determine if you qualify for a refund. See here for more information about our ePermit return policy.
- In order for an ePermit to be valid, the vehicle's license plate must be affixed to the exterior of the vehicle, unobstructed, and fully visible from the drive aisle of the parking lot or structure.
- Parking ePermits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" ePermit holder with an active lease agreement in the assigned parking lot.
- Parking ePermits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility.
- ePermits are not transferable between friends or family members.
- ePermits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
- Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking ePermit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
- You will not receive a physical permit, because your license plate acts as your ePermit number. You may be subject to citation if you neglect to associate your license plate on your Parking account at http://tps.ucsb.edu/parking-permits/ePermits.