New ePermit Parking System
All UCSB parking permits have transitioned to a virtual ePermit parking system. The UCSB ePermit system works by associating your vehicle’s license plate with your individual parking account. The UCSB ePermit allows one vehicle to be associated with your parking ePermit. Upon application please be prepared to provide a current lease agreement and a copy of your vehicle's DMV registration.
Students who reside in UCSB main campus residence halls
Students who reside in UCSB main campus residence halls,
- Santa Rosa,
- Santa Cruz,
- San Miguel,
- San Nicolas,
- San Rafael,
- Manzanita Village
Have four ePermit options:
- H2 is valid in Lot 2 Parking. Lot 2 is within the quadrangle formed by Santa Rosa Hall, Anacapa Hall, Santa Cruz Hall and De La Guerra Dining Commons. Space is very limited with 100 ePermits available and offered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- H22 is valid the upper levels of Structure 22, with 380 ePermits available with restrictions as noted below.
- H23 is valid in spaces within 23 Parking allocated to the H23 permit. Space is very limited with 34 ePermits available and offered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
View and compare parking locations on the campus map
All H ePermits are valid in their assigned lots AT ALL TIMES. The H parking ePermit allows you to park in other locations throughout the main campus after 5pm weekdays and all day on weekends. (See Lot entrance signs; some lots/spaces are reserved "At All Times")
H permits are not interchangeable; a “H22” permit, for example, does not entitle you to park in a lot or structure designated for “H2” or “H23” permits.
UCSB has limited parking space available to students. Most students walk, bike, or take the bus. The best advice to students regarding parking on campus is don’t bring a car.
When & Where Else May I Park?
Until the ePermit's expiration date, the ePermit is valid for parking at its designated lot.
Lot 2 is for valid H2 parking ePermits ONLY, no other parking ePermit is ever valid in Lot 2.
H22 ePermit is valid only on the 4th & 5th floors of the 22 Parking Structure. Please observe that the ePermit is not valid during business hours, 7:30am-5pm Monday-Friday, in Coastal Access spaces or any space on levels 1 through 3.
H23 ePermit is valid in designated H23 ONLY spaces within Lot 23, no other parking ePermit is ever valid in the H23 ONLY spaces. Please observe that the H23 ePermit is not valid in the unmarked spaces within Lot 23 during business hours 7:30am-5pm Monday-Friday
H38 ePermit is valid in any of the unmarked spaces within Lot 38. The H38 ePermit never valid in the A/B/C Visitor spaces.
Parking is allowed at any time in time-restricted parking spaces, but only for the time designated. Such spaces are typically marked for 20 or 40-minute parking.
The H parking ePermit allows you to park in other locations throughout campus after 5pm weekdays and all day on weekends. (See Lot entrance signs; some lots/spaces are reserved "At All Times")
The H2, H22, H23 & H38 ePermits are NEVER valid in lots 1, 11, 19, 24 or the UCSB apartments (Santa Ynez, San Clemente, El Dorado, Westgate, West Campus, Storke Family Housing, Lot 60, or Sierra Madre).
All referenced ePermits listed above are invalid at all times in these locations:
- lots, areas, and spaces marked “At All Times” or where other restrictions apply
- UCSB Off Campus student housing apartments & resident halls lots (El Dorado, San Clemente, San Joaquin, Santa Ynez, Sierra Madre, Westgate, Storke Family Housing and West Campus).
How Do I Apply?
Apply for your ePermit online by clicking here. Upon creating your account, you will then submit a ePermit approval request. Be prepared to provide a copy of your vehicle's DMV registration.
- Our office will verify your ePermit eligibility and email you (typically within 48 hours) with an approval or request for additional information.
- Once approved, return to your account online to complete your purchase. You will receive a confirmation email receipt. Note: you are not allowed to park prior to completing your ePermit purchase.
- Contact Parking Services at (805) 893-2346 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. if you do not receive a confirmation.
- Your vehicle license plate is your parking ePermit, be sure to reference the Parking Guidelines provide at checkout.
What Are My Price and Payment Options?
This table compares the cost and the number of the H ePermits available when purchased for a nine-month academic school year (Fall, Winter and Spring quarters).
2022/23 Academic Year
|H2||Lot 2 Parking, within residence hall quadrangle||99||$760|
|H22||Structure 22 Parking Levels 4 & 5 only||275||$535|
|H23||Lot 23 Parking in designated H23 spaces, north of San Rafael Hall||29||$760|
|H38||Lot 38 Parking in unmarked spaces. The H38 ePermit never valid in the A/B/C Visitor spaces within the lot.||100||$535|
ATTENTION: Space is limited Lot 2 and Lot 23, these ePermits are fulfilled on a first-come-first-serve basis. Remember to complete the purchase of the ePermit in the time frame allotted or you will forfeit your space.
If you are not awarded your first lot choice, we will keep your name on the waitlist until a space opens up.
You may purchase an H22 parking permit in the mean time until space becomes available in Lot 2 or Lot 23. We will contact you to upgrade your Lot 22 permit to once space is available and you will have to pay the difference in cost.
An ePermit purchased during the school year is prorated and the appropriate fee charged for the remainder of the year.
ePermit Returns and Refunds
Contact Parking Services to determine if you qualify for a refund. See here for more information about our ePermit return policy.
- In order for an ePermit to be valid, the vehicle's license plate must be affixed to the exterior of the vehicle, unobstructed, and fully visible from the drive aisle of the parking lot or structure.
- Parking ePermits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" ePermit holder with an active lease agreement in the assigned parking lot.
- Parking ePermits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility.
- ePermits are not transferable between friends or family members.
- ePermits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
- Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking ePermit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
- You will not receive a physical permit, because your license plate acts as your ePermit number. You may be subject to citation if you neglect to associate your license plate on your Parking account at http://tps.ucsb.edu/parking-permits/ePermits.