A Construction Site Authorization (CSA) must be obtained for all construction projects taking place on campus. The project manager assigned to a project coordinates with Transportation & Parking Services (TPS) to obtain an authorization to work within a designated fenced construction site area. Vehicles parked within the fenced area do not need a parking permit. Since sites are limited in size, not all workers may be able to park on site. Construction permits are available for those vehicles that cannot be accommodated onsite.
How to request an authorization (for UCSB project managers)
The project manager is the only person authorized to request a CSA. To obtain or renew the authorization, the project manager sends an email to Parking & Permit Sales with the following information:
- A detailed description of the construction site area
- The beginning and end dates of the project
- Any prior authorizations (from H&RS, Grounds, EH&S, etc.) for the project site
- The name of a designee who will be authorized to report illegally parked vehicles in the area
We ask that you provide as much advance notice as possible. Your request is reviewed and a response sent via email, either granting approval or asking for clarification or more information.
Should you have questions regarding the status of your request, please call us at 805.893.3642.
Construction site parking policies
Parking is allowed within a construction site area once it has been designated and fenced. No parking permit is required. We ask that you keep the following constraints in mind:
- The fenced area is fixed and cannot be moved or enlarged without prior approval(s).
- Project vehicles parked outside the fence are subject to citation.
- Vehicles not belonging to the project and parked inside the fence are reported to TPS Dispatch at 805.893.2346. Only the project manager or the manager’s designee (named in writing) is authorized to report a parking violation. Please verify that a vehicle is not associated with your project before you report it. A citation resulting from a reported violation will not be considered for dismissal.
Temporary displacement requests
TPS discourages requests to temporarily displace parking spaces on campus. We ask you to consider alternatives so as to leave these spaces available for faculty, staff, students and visitors. If parking spaces must be temporarily displaced, TPS will charge a displacement fee. If your project is going to include a displacement request, please contact us at 805.893.3642 well in advance of the project start date.