A Construction Site Authorization (CSA) Must Be Obtained for All Construction Projects Taking Place on Campus.

Construction Site Authorization (CSA) must be obtained for all construction projects taking place on campus. The project manager assigned to a project coordinates with Transportation & Parking Services (TPS) to obtain an authorization to work within a designated fenced construction site area. Vehicles parked within the fenced area do not need a parking permit. Since sites are limited in size, not all workers may be able to park on site. Construction permits are available for those vehicles that cannot be accommodated onsite.

How to Request an Authorization (for UCSB Project Managers)

The project manager is the only person authorized to request a CSA. To obtain or renew the authorization, the project manager sends an email to Parking & Permit Sales with the following information:

  • A detailed description of the construction site area
  • The beginning and end dates of the project
  • Any prior authorizations (from H&RS, Grounds, EH&S, etc.) for the project site
  • The name of a designee who will be authorized to report illegally parked vehicles in the area

We ask that you provide as much advance notice as possible. Your request is reviewed and a response sent via email, either granting approval or asking for clarification or more information.

Should you have questions regarding the status of your request, please call us at (805) 893-3642.

Construction Site Parking Policies

Parking is allowed within a construction site area once it has been designated and fenced. No parking permit is required. We ask that you keep the following constraints in mind:

  • The fenced area is fixed and cannot be moved or enlarged without prior approval(s).
  • Project vehicles parked outside the fence are subject to citation.
  • Vehicles not belonging to the project and parked inside the fence are reported to TPS Dispatch at (805) 893-2346. Only the project manager or the manager’s designee (named in writing) is authorized to report a parking violation. Please verify that a vehicle is not associated with your project before you report it. A citation resulting from a reported violation will not be considered for dismissal.

Temporary Displacement Requests

TPS discourages requests to temporarily displace parking spaces on campus. We ask you to consider alternatives so as to leave these spaces available for faculty, staff, students and visitors. If parking spaces must be temporarily displaced, TPS will charge a displacement fee. If your project is going to include a displacement request, please contact us at (805) 893-3642 well in advance of the project start date.


  • In order for an ePermit to be valid, the vehicle's license plate must be affixed to the exterior of the vehicle, unobstructed, and fully visible from the drive aisle of the parking lot or structure.
  • Parking ePermits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" ePermit holder with an active lease agreement in the assigned parking lot.
  • Parking ePermits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility. 
  • ePermits are not transferable between friends or family members.
  • ePermits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
  • Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking ePermit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
  • You will not receive a physical permit, because your license plate acts as your ePermit number. You may be subject to citation if you neglect to associate your license plate on your Parking account at http://tps.ucsb.edu/parking-permits/ePermits.
Construction Site workers