Who is Eligible
UCSB employees and members of the community are eligible to purchase an annual Night & Weekend permit.
If you visit the campus infrequently, you may find it more economical to purchase a flat-rate Night & Weekend permit from the dispensers located in the lots and parking structures on campus. Please view our Short Term Rates table for fees.
When & Where to Park
An annual Night & Weekend permit allows parking on campus Monday through Friday from 5:00pm until 7:30am the next morning, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
A machine-dispensed Night & Weekend permit has the same privileges and hours as an annual Night & Weekend permit, except it is not on sale, nor is it valid for parking, on Friday and Saturday nights from midnight to 5am the next morning.
During permitted hours, you may park in:
- Faculty and Staff lots
- Student lots
- Time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated
The permit is NOT valid in lots, areas, and spaces marked “At All Times” or where other restrictions apply — for example, "R" reserved spaces, metered spaces, GOLD spaces, Coastal Access spaces, or lots/spaces marked for vendors or “H” permit holders. The permit is not valid in Lots 1, 2, 11, 19, or 24, nor in the off-campus parking facilities operated by Housing & Residential Services.
How to Apply
When to Renew
Annual permits expire on June 30. Fifteen-day permits expire at the end of fifteen days. A 15-day permit purchased on October 1, for example, expires on October 15 and is invalid on October 16.
Price and Payment Options
- $192 for an annual permit. The cost is prorated if purchased after June 30.
- $8 for a non-refundable 15-day permit.
Permit Returns and Refunds
- In order for an ePermit to be valid, the vehicle's license plate must be affixed to the exterior of the vehicle, unobstructed, and fully visible from the drive aisle of the parking lot or structure.
- Parking ePermits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" or "IVA" ePermit holder with an active lease agreement in the assigned parking lot.
- Parking ePermits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility.
- ePermits are not transferable between friends or family members.
- ePermits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
- Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking ePermit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
- You will not receive a physical permit, because your license plate acts as your permit number. You may be subject to citation if you neglect to associate your license plate on your eParking account at http://tps.ucsb.edu/parking-permits/ePermits.