Special Area permits (SAPs) are issued to UCSB departments when the department has a special parking need. A valid campus parking permit must be displayed in addition to the Special Area permit in order for a vehicle to be legally parked.
Where to Park
The number of parking spaces is determined by departmental request. Permitted areas and time allotments (up to three hours) are determined by Parking Services. If the word “RESTRICTED” is printed on the permit, the permit holder is authorized to park in spaces marked “Restricted”. Without such authorization, the vehicle is liable to be cited.
Price and Payment Options
Special Area permits are available at $672.00 per year. Each month the prorated amount of $56.00 is recharged to the department. Permits that are no longer in use must be returned to Parking Services in order to discontinue the monthly charge.
- Parking ePermits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Garaging (storing) your vehicle on campus is prohibited unless you are an "H" or "IVA" ePermit holder with an active lease agreement in the assigned parking lot.
- Parking ePermits are issued solely by Parking Services and are assigned after verification of eligibility.
- ePermits are not transferable between friends or family members.
- ePermits are issued when the applicant has paid the required fee, resolved all delinquent parking citations and provided proof of eligibility.
- Failure to provide and maintain accurate information on the parking ePermit application may result in citation, fine, the loss of parking privileges and referral to the Campus Police or the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
- You will not receive a physical permit, because your license plate acts as your permit number. You may be subject to citation if you neglect to associate your license plate on your eParking account at http://tps.ucsb.edu/parking-permits/ePermits.