Who is eligible
UCSB employees and members of the community are eligible to purchase an annual Night & Weekend permit.
If you visit the campus infrequently, you may find it more economical to purchase a flat-rate Night & Weekend permit from the dispensers located in the lots and parking structures on campus. Please view our Short Term Rates table for fees.
When & where to park
An annual Night & Weekend permit allows parking on campus Monday through Friday from 5:00PM until 7:30AM the next morning, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
A machine-dispensed Night & Weekend permit has the same privileges and hours as an annual Night & Weekend permit, except it is not on sale, nor is it valid for parking, on Friday and Saturday nights from midnight to 5AM the next morning.
During permitted hours, you may park in:
- faculty and staff lots
- student lots
- time-restricted parking spaces for the time designated
The permit is NOT valid in lots, areas, and spaces marked “At All Times” or where other restrictions apply — for example, "R" reserved spaces, metered spaces, GOLD spaces, Coastal Access spaces, or lots/spaces marked for vendors or “H” permit holders. The permit is not valid in Lots 1, 2, 11, 19, or 24, nor in the off-campus parking facilities operated by Housing & Residential Services.
How to apply
- Apply online for an annual Night & Weekend permit. Click to begin the order. Your permit will be mailed to the address listed on your application.
- Alternatively, apply in person at the Parking Services office for an annual permit.
- Purchase a 15-day permit from a permit dispenser on campus. Fifteen-day Night & Weekend permits go on sale at 4:45PM on weekdays, and are sold throughout the day on weekends.
When to renew
Annual permits expire on June 30. Fifteen-day permits expire at the end of fifteen days. A 15-day permit purchased on October 1, for example, expires on October 15 and is invalid on October 16.
Price and payment options
- $192 for an annual permit. The cost is prorated if purchased after June 30.
- $8 for a non-refundable 15-day permit.
Permit returns and refunds
Annual permits that are not being used must be returned to Parking Services to qualify for a refund. See here for more information about our permit return policy.